Friday, 17 February 2012

My first amigurumi

I have seen amigurumis around the internet and always thought they were cute, so when I saw this kit I had to give it a go!  Having everything put together for you makes it so much less daunting.
It did take me quite a long time to pick up how to do it though, having never crocheted before!
Lots of watching, practicing and rewatching of internet videos later:
 I changed the nose since I thought the kit's one looked more like a dog :)  I also added little toesies :)

And here are some more shots:
what beady eyes you have..
fluffy lil tail!
a shot of the posterior
This was fun to make (okay maybe a bit frustrating at the learning parts- but that's part of the fun), and I'm looking forward to making another.  I already have the kit for a cute bear!  :)


There are also loads of free patterns on the net and I'm looking forward to trying some out :)
Also- I found you can buy these kit patterns I have in PDF form on etsy- here is the link to the bunny!

And here's a farewell shot from little bunny:

6 comments:

  1. The bunny is so cute. For learning from the web you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely cute. I love the face and paws you have stitched so accurately and the colours are so cheerful. Heartwarming little creation!

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna, this amigurumi is so cuteeee....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! :) I love how you did the nose and toes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you learned on an amigurumi project! That's a really tough way to go (I learned on a shell stitch dish cloth), but I bet you can tackle any project now :) Great job, he's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope that last comment didn't sound condescending. I am very impressed that you jumped right in and did something complicated, I think it's super brave and awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)