Saturday, 24 March 2012

My first crochet hat! :)

Wow, I can't believe I've made a crochet hat!  I didn't know how to crochet at all at the start of the year, learnt the basics with amigurumi, and now this!  I have to say, it's not that I'm good, it's just that crochet is well.. pretty easy, once you know the basics!  :)  Well, this project was easy.  I'm sure there are plenty of hard projects out there!
It's addictive too.  It's always "just one more row...".  The project went so quickly that I was sad when it was over.

I made this for a friend's baby :)

Without further ado, some pics:
Here is the work in progress

Once it's done, you spray it with water and put in on a balloon for shaping!

I was pleased to find out that it was the right size, with just a little extra for growing.  (I was good and did a gauge swatch!)  And here it is on the recipient!

What a cutie :)

This was lots of fun, and now I'm hungry for more crochet!  There are more details of my project here on Ravelry.
p.s The project is a free pattern! :)

10 comments:

  1. Great job! And how cute is that baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have known that you are a new crocheter! You did an excellent job! And baby is adorable! Those eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I have passed on your compliments to my friends on their gorgeous baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have made some lovely things. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how awesome is that? Such a cute baby too, it really fits her well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet baby! Great job - I love the details on the hat, especially the scalloped edge. Beautiful color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching for something else,
    Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog.Please do keep up the excellent work.

    snoods

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)