Luckily I had a friend who wanted me to make her one, based on her own pet chihuahua!
For this one, I used most of the basic body from the bunny I first made, but designed my own ears and tail, as well as adding in some fancy colour changes :)
|I have to give him away :(|
The other thing that proved impossible to find was the safety eyes. I couldn't find them here in New Zealand so I ordered some from etsy. These are 9mm by the way :)
|I was a bit worried they wouldn't stand out black on black- but they are nice and shiny so it works :)|
|The tail is simply felt!|
You can see how different the yarns are- The acrylic I bought is quite fuzzy, with less stitch definition as well as ending up a bit firmer. It doesn't necessarily make it 'worse', I think both are quite attractive, and suit their designs well. Somehow though for future projects I think I will prefer the kit yarn, which I suspect may be cotton. I'll have to continue my search!
My hand might give you an idea of how big it is!