Thursday, 5 April 2012

Knit Along Plans!

Here's some fancy news!  I'm going to co-host a knit-along with Gail from today's agenda!  She is so lovely and I have been enjoying following her blog.  She makes gorgeous clothing and is a pro knitter!  Go on, go check it out, I'll wait :)

After being in contact through our blogs and Ravelry, we conspired to create a knit-along for a cute (and free!) cardigan pattern by Andi Satterlund called Miette!

Gail will be posting her walking us through the techniques and construction of the cardigan.  I'll be following along and no doubt making lots of questions and mistakes learning opportunities!

Please do join us!  We even got a fancy badge, for you to stick in your sidebar :)


And I also joined flickr, just to make a flickr group for everyone who wants to join! We can share questions there as well as all the work-in-progress pics :)

Check out Gail's post on the Knit-Along here.  Ooh exciting.  I have ordered some light pink yarn online.  I hope it turns up and is the shade I wanted!

7 comments:

  1. Count me in. I am a true beginner when it comes to knitting and this is the kick I need to start something other than a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, welcome to the knit-along! :) Exciting huh?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to learning lots!

      Delete
  3. Hooray! This sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd been paying more attention as I started the Miette cardigan on my own about the time this KAL started. I've finished the sleeves and made some modifications to the body along the way. Now I'm up to adding the button bands and am a bit stumped because of the modifications. Hopefully its not too late to join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's not too late to join :) There are people working through various stages of the cardigan, so it will be going for a fair while. Gail is super helpful. So feel free to put up a question on the flickr group or ask Gail through her blog! We'd love you to join us :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)