Saturday, 28 April 2012

A Teeny Bit Artsy Fartsy

Recently, I saw online the idea of embroidering a simple striped design on a card.  You make the holes by using your sewing machine with no thread in it!

For my sister's birthday card, I had a go.  Of course, I had to make things more complicated than a few lines....

I drew an oriental lily free-hand and then sewed the holes in it



Some colouring pencil and thread, and that's it! :)

I used 3 strands of embroidery floss.
And if you're wondering what it looks like on the inside- the answer is a bit of a mess!  I didn't cover it up with another piece of paper.  A bit sloppy, right?  Maybe if I make another I'll refine my technique a little!

7 comments:

  1. That's so cool! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Johanna.
    Just beautiful!
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can refine it and make one for me one day Jo Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good - a perfect card to get from a stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, how pretty! What a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Johanna - that card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really cool! I love how it turned out (on the front anyways.haha)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)