Tuesday, 8 May 2012

More Miette Progress!


Well, I've been knitting away, and my pile of knitting is looking more and more cardigan-like, hooray!

Here's me once I got up to the armholes, putting it on scrap yarn for a try on.  I decided I didn't need to add any since it wasn't tight in the armholes.  Yay!




There is a lot coming up I've never done before, like picking up stitches, knitting in the round, making button bands, blocking and more!
I'm so grateful to have Gail helping.  If it weren't for her I'd probably be in the corner whimpering, in a pile of yarn and regret.  lol!  She's been putting up more helpful posts.  And she's even finished hers!

Just like Gail, I moved the bust darts to the sides (I don't need shaping in the front!).
You can see Gail's post on how that is done here.
Here's where I'm up to now.  I'm about to start on the bottom eyelets and then the ribbing!  Exciting!


Knitting is fun, I think I'll be converted by the end of this project (assuming it doesn't blow up in my face, eep!)!

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! You're getting so close! I bet you'll have it done by the time I get back from my trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making great progress! Gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks GREAT!!!! Color is adorable. I could do with some warm wool right now!! So cold in melbourne.

    Re V8469, email me anytime if you wanna discuss anything I'll be glad to help out where I can :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you! I love the blogging world for being so supportive :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)