Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Bunny Slippers!

Bunnies!!  I love bunnies so much.  They are right up there in my cute animals list.  So I made some for my feet!


I actually completed these quite a while ago, before I started my Miette.  I decided they were a good practice knit!
I learned to felt-  It is a magical process.  Hot soapy water and lots of friction!  Check out this before and after shot:


I felted by hand like the pattern said to and phew!  That's hard work!  I probably ended up felting each slipper for an hour!  (Not all at once though.  I did a few sessions because after my first, they hadn't shrunk down enough.)

These guys are warm and cosy but I'm not going to wear them scuffing all around the house- they are too cute and I don't want them all ruined and dirty (I wear my slippers hard, lol).  So these will be mainly feet up bunnies!  I know, what's the point of making slippers if you don't wear them a lot?  ummm.. because they're cute!  But maybe I should buy some leather soles to put on the bottom...


don't forget the bunny tails!
Want your own?  Check out Ravelry here :)

13 comments:

  1. OMG! That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! The bunny tails actually made me giggle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad someone else appreciates a bit of unnecessary cuteness!

      Delete
  2. Fluffy tails!!! I LOVE these! They're so cute! Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! You should make some ;)

      Delete
  3. Those are great! I've never tried felting before so it's good to see your before and after shot - I'd definitely have been panicking about how they were going to end up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, there was definitely a bit of worry when I was at the before stage. That's why I call felting magical! :D

      Delete
  4. These are so cute!!! I can totally understand why they are for feet up only! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) These bunny slippers are SO cute! Especially the pink noses. I have never tried felting either. I love the result!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. *GASP* I've been wanting to make these forever now! Yours are soo adorable! More *Gasping*!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are cute and my feet are jealous. Cold and jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply adoreable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw...those are precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so CUTE! Leather soles sound like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)