Monday, 8 October 2012

Milena Work in Progress

My Milena has been coming along (with plenty of questions, mistakes, and obsessive note-taking along the way).  I took the hard route with this pattern-  it's rather light on details, but I guess that might help prepare me if I want to knit a vintage pattern someday!


I am worried about having enough yarn, lol, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!
The other thing is that, as other people noted, it's a bit tight in the armholes.  For now I am trying out just adding extra rows in the shoulders.  Hopefully that won't mess up the look of the neckline too much by lowering it.  Of course, if I was desperate I could always use the daring technique of my friend at From the Purl Side (a new knitting blog I'm enjoying).  She cut her yarn- so brave, so brave!

But seriously, I don't get knitting from the bottom up.  Way too nerve-wracking, lol.  Fingers are crossed this thing turns out!

15 comments:

  1. This is one of the sweaters I have in my faves. Gotta say, yours is looking terrific. I really see a progression in your knitting. Your stitches are looking so even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But to be honest there are definitely a few patches on the back that look a bit dodgy and uneven lol! But I like to think I'm improving :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job on this! I definitely like the ribbing detail. Really adds interest.

    Sleeves are the bane of my existence at the moment, as well (again!!!). Just found out the sleeve holes on my Immie are TOO big. Sigh. You can't win.

    (or maybe you can, but we just need to learn the trick?)

    Nice to know I am not the only one, Jo.

    Thanks.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. No problem, I hope some more people pick up on your blog as it's really good :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, it's looking so nice! And your tension is so even! I think even if the fit isn't spot on in the end, it will still be a very pretty sweater that you'll enjoy wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful! You're such a knitting pro these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, you're always so sweet to comment :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't go that far, lol! Knitting is all about plugging along- I don't feel you have to be super skilled to do it! :)

      Delete
  8. my fingers are crossed that it works out for you too! Keep trucking along though. I think it's great that you're taking notes (I do the same thing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I take truckloads of notes lol :)

      Delete
  9. Your Milena looks great so far! I'm impressed that you are knitting so much and so fast while you are also sewing!
    But what are the white threads for? Are they part of a special knitting technique? Maybe this is a stupid question, bu I've never seen that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right! The white threads are dental floss, lol! I'm using them as lifelines cos I'm scared of ripping back and they make it much easier when you have to! You can see an explanation of them here:
      http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/using-a-lifeline

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)