Tuesday, 27 November 2012

I Met Some Bloggers!

I met some more Wellington bloggers last weekend! 
We had a lot of fun...
There was fabric browsing, surprising pattern finds in an unassuming shop, and a swap!  Oh and of course plenty of nattering.

One of my favourite pics:
Us getting excited over the discovery of boxes of patterns!
Picture taken by Nikki
I grabbed this from the second hand store:
I love it! 
And we had a fabric and pattern swap- I got some lovely floral cotton!

and I also got a vintage pattern- I'm thinking I'll have to grade it up even though it's my bust size (never done that before, eep!).  But oh the fabric possibilites!

"Simple to make"  Sure, sure...
They were all wearing lovely garments they'd made.  Impressive stuff, no?  I wore my wool circle skirt.  I'd better get cracking on a dress for the next meet-up- Oh and there will be a next meet-up!

Another photo courtesy of Nikki's camera!
The bloggers were:

Maryanne from Sent from my iRon and also of Made on Marion
Nikki from Nikki's Stitches
You can check out more pictures and better write-ups on the meet-up on Nikki's and Mel's blogs :)
And special mention to poor Emily of Calico Stretch who was too sick to make it.  Get well soon!

18 comments:

  1. Your wool circle skirt is beautiful! And it was a real pleasure to meet you. Looking forward to the next meet-up and seeing what you do with that sweet cotton and gorgeous pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope I can get something decent together :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic haul! Sound like you had a fab day. I didn't know there were so many Wellington bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for meet ups! Such a fun day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun lot to hang with! Enjoy reading your blog (also--found your blog on making your own dress form--will be attempting this weekend. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good luck with the form and let me know how it goes! :)

      Delete
  5. How fun! And I love the patterns you got, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get so jealous over these blogger meet ups! :) Looks like you ladies had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Simplicity pattern you chose - A built in apron, those were the days ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun fact- the apron is actually a fake out- just applied trim. Kinda weird right?

      Delete
  8. How fun! Measure the flat pattern before you grade up if you haven't already-- I've had good luck with vintage patterns fitting me even when they were a size too small (seems like they run slightly big sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will definitely be measuring! I'm thinking it'll be too small in the waist. But Casey's series on grading will save me hopefully if I need it!

      Delete
  9. Yay fun was had by all and I am coming next time for sure because I'm Better! Thank you for the mention :o) I wonder when the apron number will be in the works ....! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for meeting bloggers! Isn't it crazy how well you get along in person? When I had my first blogger meet-up, I was VERY nervous that it would be awkward but it totally wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not awkward at all! I hope I travel to America one day and get to meet some of the cool bloggers from there :)

      Delete
  11. Looks like fun! I really like that first pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "simple to make" - sure, sure ... hehehehhe I giggled at that comment. I've been deceived by those types of patterns a few times!!!
    Actually, looking at this pattern i think it might be "simple" - 4 darts on front bodice, two at the back, and a rectangular gathered skirt. Idk how "simple" the extra details are!!! Can't wait to see it babe.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)