Wednesday, 22 May 2013

I'm still here!

Hello there, it's been a while!  I feel the poor blog is being slightly neglected, though I have an excuse, having been sick.  (Boo!)
I should hopefully have some things to show you soon... *mysterious wink*

Anyway, now I'm better I met up with the ladies of The Wellington Sewing Bloggers Network again, which seems to be constantly growing!  They are such a fun group, and I always look forward to it.

Some sneaky shots:

Intensely studying fabric swatches.

Mel with her awesome Spoonflower fabric!
I didn't sign up for Me-Made-May (no chance of that working for me yet!), but I thought I'd take the chance to grab an outfit shot.  So I can prove that yes, I do wear things I've made.  :)
I wore my Milena cardigan and one of my first projects, and the first project I ever blogged

Funny story though- a bird decided to add some extra pizazz to my skirt just before getting the photo taken!  Lucky there were baby wipes on hand.  Thanks Nicola!

Note the wet patch on skirt.... lol.
Here I craftily covered up the patch.  I just had to mention it though, didn't I?
I haven't worn this cardigan much, since I feel it's quite dressy.  I have decided to put a snap at the top of the buttonband though, since it flops open.  The original design didn't put a buttonhole there, but I was too lazy to figure out how to add one in.  That'll show me for next time!  Don't cut corners guys!

Overall though, I felt really good wearing this outfit and can't wait to have a bit more of a wardrobe built up so I can wear more me-mades!

I love the Bloggers Network girls- they are so inspiring and fun.  The way blogging brings people together is great isn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)