Thursday, 8 May 2014

A bit of Wardrobe Architecture

Have you been following Colette's wardrobe architect series? I think it's a great way to think about editing your wardrobe into something you wear and love. My current wardrobe is a mess so I really should go through it with a fine-toothed comb. While I haven't tackled that yet, I at least got inspired to make some palettes based on this post in the series.

To be honest, my palette is already pretty defined, but hey, it was a fun exercise! It helped me think about what will help bring my wardrobe together.

So here is my palette (beware I probably have the wrong names for colours, haha!):

Neutrals:
Grey (any shade from light to dark, love it)
Black
White or cream
Warm grey


My "nearly neutrals":
Navy
Burgundy
Grey-blue
Mauve




And my statement colours:
Cool, clear tones, nice and fresh thanks!



None of these are warm colours, really. I would love to wear olive green, rust, and mustard, but I just don't suit them! I don't feel good in them and I don't think they do me any favours. But I think you can wear colours like that if you keep them away from your face. I branched out recently and bought some warm camel-coloured fabric for a skirt... GASP! I want to work on bringing some more diverse shades into my palette.

Here are some palettes based on my outfits (yeah I was procrastinating doing other things, why do you ask?):

All neutrals/nearly neutrals, with a statement raspberry (though my swatch is red? lol)

Neutrals, nearly neutrals with a statement purple.

And here I had some goes at creating palettes which incorporate my usual colours with *gasp* a warm tone!

magenta, aqua, grey, *gasp* camel

burgundy, red, cream, *gasp* camel

cream, pink, blue-grey, *gasp* olive
A bit of a self-indulgent post, but what can I say, I really like thinking about colour! I hope I can get more creative about building outfits around fun colours and planning my wardrobe around it. :) Do you guys like to plan a lot around the colours you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Add a comment! :)