Here's a shirt!
I designed my own scalloped collar and put it on the Sewaholic Pendrell blouse pattern I've been using (why reinvent the wheel right?)
I first mocked up the body of the garment, then put it on my dress form, then made a mock-up collar and stand out of card and paper.
It worked pretty well!
Next time I'd decrease the depth of the scallops slightly to make them easier to sew without compromising the look of them. I used a paper tracing of the pattern piece marked with the seam line and stitched through it before ripping the paper off and trimming away excess fabric.
I pivoted and sewed a stitch across the top of the scallops but I next time I will try out several methods to see which works best for a nice shape!
Insides are pretty standard:
This was a fun project but I finished it ages ago and since I've dropped off on blogging, I'm only just getting around to showing it.
I also shortened the skirt I'm wearing with it- I made it when I first started sewing but it was a little frumpy. It's much better with the inch or two I took off.
Apologies for the slightly brief post but I'm not in a big blogging head-space right now!
Hopefully I'll get more into it at the end of the year as I do enjoy it.
Alright I'll leave you with this goof pic: